View Single Post
Old 05-04-12, 04:59 AM
Ridefreemc

Bikes: 2017 Kona TI, 2016 Bike Friday Haul-A-Day, 2015 Bike Friday New World Tourist (for sale), 2011 Mezzo D9, 2004 Marin Mount Vision Pro - for now :)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
New Mezzos - New Forum

Picked up the new Mezzo T9s last night (all 5). Two in blue (that is important to the younger ones you know), and three in black. I was going with three green, but they were IGH 4s and I wanted all to be T9s. It would have been too much trouble to switch 6 bikes worth of bottom brackets, cranks, gears, etc.

Rode mine to work this morning and enjoyed it. I will require some time to adjust my riding style to the smaller feel. Got here with more effort than the Salsa Vaya but I do believe that I was simply pushing too hard on the peddles as opposed to relaxing. I think I was trying to prove it was the same as the Vaya, and it might end up being similiar, but again it won't be that way for me unless I adjust.

Changed to SPD peddles though. I love clipless.

One thing that is going away though will be the seat. It was comfortable, but after a short ride I got off to adjust it and it felt very hot. In other words it helped to generate and then retain heat. In jeans and 78 degrees F this morning I can do without that. May switch to my Brooks Imperial or wider Brooks if I end up more upright.

More later after a few more rides under my butt.

Last edited by Ridefreemc; 05-04-12 at 05:03 AM.