View Single Post
Old 07-29-05, 07:16 PM
TxBiker
E. Peterbus Unum

Bikes: 2008 Scattante XRL Cross, 2007 Fuji Team, 2002 Fuji Ace, 80's Novara Randonee, 80's Nishiki Prestige SingleSpeed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Prepping for First Commute Next Week

I have been lurking and training these last few weeks on this forum. My desire is to start commuting to work (a flat, very safe 15 mile round trip commute) beginning next week. I have been weight training and cardio training on my road bike and mtb these last three months. I have also started training with spinning classes before work.

I have a fuji ace road bike (04) and a Mongoose Virage mountain bike (05). I am still getting the hang of cycling and am considering commuting as a way to help boost weight loss (I have about 40#s left).

My question is this: the mtb is cheesy (components, weight, and frills wise) yet very comfortable. The fuji is a work in progress as far as getting used to. Should I begin this adventure on the mountain bike as I continue training on the road bike? Or, should I just bite the bullet and start with the road bike?

I hope you have enough background info to help me. I am here in Houston, it is very flat, and my commute is through three subdivisions. It is very safe.

Looking forward to an exciting week next week as I move towards a healthier way to work (as well as gas and environmentally better!).

Chris
Tomball, Texas