View Single Post
Old 07-29-05, 07:59 PM
TxBiker
E. Peterbus Unum

Bikes: 2008 Scattante XRL Cross, 2007 Fuji Team, 2002 Fuji Ace, 80's Novara Randonee, 80's Nishiki Prestige SingleSpeed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tomorrow I plan to ride the route I have mapped out to see how it goes. A recommendation I read on the sticky post in here on commuting suggested this and I completely agree.

Tomorrow morning will be the test on the road bike. Sunday afternoon will be a test on the mountain bike. I will give better feedback Sunday evening or monday morning.

I am still in the tool gathering stage, getting a light, and making sure my bike is in tip top shape. I have noticed my back wheel on the road bike is not true...guess it is time to learn how to straighten her up. I am also going to use a backpack in the meantime while I learn what works best for commuting.

Thanks again for all the great feedback and opinions. I do agree that the road bike makes better sense. I may need to look at a new set of tires that are more durable. Of course, I am sure I will learn a lot once I get busy and start riding to/from work!