View Single Post
Old 05-04-12, 08:13 PM
dehoff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Axiom
I will have a friend assist me tomorrow and do exactly what you suggested. And you are right, it's not rocket science. However, ever time I mention something about what I have learned when it comes to cycling I have someone else tell me something differently, so it's hard to take advice if I am not sure whether or not it is correct -- though your advice seems sounds and logical unlike the advice some local riders and local bike shops give..
Just make sure that whoever is taking the photos is holding the camera at approximately the same height as the vertical mid-point of you on the bike (they might have to get down on one knee or hold the camera close to the height of the top tube) and they're straight back from your bottom bracket(close to 90 angle from the bike). This way you'll avoid any perspective distortion in the photo and it will be easier to see exactly what is going on.

This would be a good example:

This would not be as good, due to the camera not being at a 90 degree angle to the bike (too far in front of the bike) and holding the camera too high:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
fitold.jpg (17.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg
3bikeFit.jpg (29.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by dehoff; 05-04-12 at 08:18 PM.