View Single Post
Old 05-06-12, 06:41 AM
PAlt
The guy in the 50+ jersey

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Litespeed Tuscany Road, Specialized Allez Epic lugged carbon frame Road,Giant Anthem 29'r, Klein Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeWNC
My goals have changed for sure. When our daughter was younger, I was able to get away for the training and events to put in as much time and effort as I could. Now, I choose to spend more time with her and don't devote myself to max fitness. As she told me this week, in 6 years she is off to college. I still ride most of the events but I'm just getting through them because the training hours aren't there. It's a tradeoff I'm happy to make. Next weekend is another fun local ride event but I'll be doing a photoshoot at her gym for a newspaper story. I get one go around with her and I don't want to miss it.
Similar chapters here, different story. Suffice it to say that raising two 16 y/o adopted daughters has become more of a challenge than I anticipated. It requires that training and away time are sacrificed for their ultimate benefit. Those are the choices that we make when we decide to become parents. In a perfect world I'd have the time and ability to do both concurrently, but "it ain't a perfect world..."