View Single Post
Old 05-06-12, 02:49 PM
Ridefreemc

Bikes: 2017 Kona TI, 2016 Bike Friday Haul-A-Day, 2015 Bike Friday New World Tourist (for sale), 2011 Mezzo D9, 2004 Marin Mount Vision Pro - for now :)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Update.

I had to retension and then true the front and rear wheels (on my D9 - haven't gone through the others yet). The front wheel was out of true so that is what got me started. Some spokes were very loose and others overly tight. Not sure if the LBS checked or not as the wheels could have been true when I got the bike, but with the inherent instability caused by the variety of tensions I can see them going out of true quickly.

Second, I had to adjust the rear axle cones and bearings. The bearings were too tight. The cog side cone nut is not accessable because of the freewheel body being just a little longer than where the cone adjustment nut sticks out (can't get the cone wrench on the cone nut). The lock nut was accessable so I used that to hold on to (luckily the cone nut and lock nut stayed together so I could work the other side to get the proper tension).

Last edited by Ridefreemc; 05-06-12 at 04:43 PM.