Old 05-07-12, 07:42 AM
badhat
impressive member

Bikes: c'dale supersix, jamis trilogy, spec. tricross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Tri_Lakes TT in Palmer Lake, CO (little town hidden in the foothills between the Springs and Denver.

first of all, totally awesome new event. beautiful town, hard course (15.2 mile loop with 3 mile 700ft climb into the headwind on the backside... brutal), great support and marshalling, indv result in my email 5 minutes after i finished, race results in about a half hour, cash payouts, baked goods and soda and recovery drinks for sale the pavillion, great parking... just a pure class act. best TT in CO, for sure.

My knee is a little tricky still. icing it every day and havent really done a ton of intensity or any distance more than 2 hours since the crash, but the short efforts i have done have been promising.

so, the race: the course was great, short little burner right after the start, then a 40mph drag strip for about 5 miles, false flat for 3, then the monster climb, then a little reprieve and then a false flat finish into the wind. felt good all day. paced well, gobbled up 4 or 5 guys in front of me.

so it turns out i won my race (SM35+ 3), with a time that woulda won SM3 and 35+ 1,2.

my big TT rival this year was there and i beat him pretty soundly.

feelin better and better about state championship TT this year.

Last edited by badhat; 05-07-12 at 07:49 AM.