View Single Post
Old 05-07-12, 08:07 AM
biknbrian

Bikes: BiknBrian brand custom 26 inch commuter trekker, Cannondale F600 Single Speeded MTB, Nashbar Cro-Mo CX, some other bikes and parts that could be made into bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tour Friendly Network?

Would be possible to have a network of tour friendly people and places that folks could use during their travels. I think it would be great to be able to search for people in an area that would be willing to help out. For example I myself would be willing to offer a place to rest, camp, shower, get taken shopping, use the grill/kitcen etc.. And like many others I practically have a small bike shop at my house. I know it goes against the theme of self sufficiency, but I suppose I'd even be willing to drive a ways to help someone out if they were really in a jam.

I mean, imagine flying to a far off place, getting picked up at the airport, having a place to assemble the bikes and get ready, all with people that know the best places to go shopping or whatever. Imagine being able to look up friendly places along the way. Imagine maybe even being able to find a place to break down the bikes and hitch a ride back to the airport.

Does such a thing exist? Should it exsist?