Old 05-07-12, 08:27 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by bostongarden
Mystic Velo, 45+, 12th, extremely cute baby and happy-glow parents sighting.

I felt that I was getting slotted well with respect to the wind, on the left in the back stretch sections and on the right in the home stretch -- ok, cdr and shovel, go ahead and tell me that I had that read wrong!! In any event, that is how I played it and it felt good. There was a fair bit of whippy left to right to left stuff going on down the back stretch -- is there a term for this? Shake 'n bake?
I was saving the wind for the clip but I found I wanted to sit on different sides virtually every straight of the race. In my recollection (the clip will remind me) I think it was:

Main - middle/left, tailwind
After Turn 1 (right turn) - left, wind from right
After Turn 2 (left turn) - right, wind from left
After Turn 3 (left turn) - left, wind from right
After Turn 4 (right turn) - right, wind from left
After Turn 5 (left turn) - mid/left, wind basically blocked by thick hedges but from right
After Turn 6 (left turn onto finish) - mid/left, back to the tailwind

Course is counterclockwise, start/finish is where that white line is on the right side of the parallel straights. Wind was coming from the south-southeast, so blowing in from the 5 o'clock direction.

And yes, on most laps I was out of the wind on every single straight. It was tricky but for me it was absolutely critical (see my post in the wheelsucking thread).
Attached Images