Thread: What is this?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-12, 06:46 AM
multimodal commuter
rhm's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ, NYC, LI
Posts: 19,697

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 536 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1826 Post(s)
Liked 330 Times in 218 Posts
Yeah, I'm with 'seat rails.' It bolts to the cantle plate like an old Persons saddle and the Brooks models with springs. I don't suppose you also got a cantle plate with it? it would be a C-shaped piece of steel with six or eight holes through it.

It isn't necessarily from a leather saddle; I've seen plastic saddles that had similar rails.
rhm is offline