simplyred
Lanterne Rouge

Bikes: Time VX Edge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FatguyRacer
Whats your max right now? How long have you been training? What kind of terrain are you riding, ie Flat? Hills? Rolling?
If you riding 1-2 hrs in slight pain your probably right at your lactacte threshold. Thats the point just before you go anerobic.
Keep riding at 65%-80% for long periods. You need to train you aerobic capcity before you even think about working your anerobic systems. This is called base training. As you get fitter, your HR will come down for a given amount of work. But first you have to get past the point where every ride feels like an interval workout. This takes about 2 weeks to a month, hang in there.
3/ Your suggestion?
Put the monitor away and take the computer off the bike and just train. You'll ride better if you dont know the numbers. Just ride with out the stuff for a month or so until you feel more comfortable pushing bigger gears. Stay off the big ring. Just enjoy riding the bike for a while.
Racer,
I believe my max is around 208 & my low is 40.
I've been training POORLY - as I discovered that I did TOO much anerobic training at the gym on spinners; for about 8 months or so [5 days/wk].
So now I think I've wasted my aerobic system away so I'm left with zip.
I usually ride flats now, but during my "grey" phase I did whatever the road offered.
Due to the coming school year, I plan to just pop an aerobic ride every morning or do weights if the weather's bad. Hopefully these eight months will produce better and longer results than my previous bout.
I acutally just came back from an aerobic metric - felt okay; slower than my usual pace, but definitely a longer ride... sadly, nature's BIG calling kept bugging me the last 10 clicks.
Hahahaa...

Thanks for your advice,
-Peter