Old 05-08-12, 09:04 PM
nd2010

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As I'm riding home from a friend's house at 3 in the morning on a weekend night, I see a car that crashed into a power pole. There was no traffic and so no one else must have seen that crash. I didn't remember seeing him pass me so he must have been sitting there for 20 minutes. The car was still running and driver was inside. I talked to the driver to see if he was ok and he was not injured. There was minor damage so the car must have been going slow. It was obvious that the driver was drunk. He even asked if I could drive his car home. I think about it for a second, since the car was drivable and I could put my bike in his trunk and ride my bike home from his house. But I would be leaving the scene of the accident, and letting him get away with a DUI. He's obviously too drunk to drive or think coherently since he asked me, a random cyclist, to drive his car home after he crashed it. I call the police even though the driver didn't want me to for obvious reasons. I had to take his keys out of the ignition so that he wouldn't drive away before the cops came.

I wait about 10 minutes for the police, then I tell them what I saw. I see him blowing into the breathalyzer and then he gets arrested and I ride the rest of the way home. I feel proud that I helped get a drunk driver off the streets.