View Single Post
Old 05-10-12, 11:52 AM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Actually, I liked the quality of the paintjobs on 80's peugeot. especially when they had lots of bikes in pearl white in the first half of the 80's. What was not so good was their lugwork prep and brazing. I saw lots of Peugeots on the dealer's floor back then with gaps and blobs at most of their lug/tube seams. I even saw some lug misalignment and lug points that have been ground/dressed uneven so that the points are not centered to the tubes. I've also seen lug points that are almost missing as they ground it to a blunt stub at the factory. I did find good ones amongst the bad ones though as I found my PSV amongst a gaggle of badly done PSVs and PGNs, but I had to wait for a second delivery of PSVs for the season to the dealership to find it. The lugs and brazing on my PSV are all nice, straight and clean with nice even points too. It must have been done by their best brazier in the factory or something......

Chombi

Last edited by Chombi; 05-10-12 at 03:32 PM.