Old 05-10-12, 12:20 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by Chombi
Actually, I liked the quality of the paintjobs on 80's peugeot. specailly when they had lots of bikes in pearl white in the first half of the 80's. What was not so good was their lugwork prep and brazing. I saw lots of Peugeots on the dealer's floor back then with gaps and blobs at most of their lug/tube seams. I even saw some lug misalignment and lug points that have been ground/dressed uneven so that the points are not centered to the tubes. I've also seen lug points that are almost missing as they ground it to a blunt stub at the factory. I did find good ones amongst the bad ones though as I found my PSV amongst a gaggle of bad badly done PSVs, but I had to wait for a second delivery of PSVs for the season to the dealership to find it. The lugs and brazing on my PSV are all nice, straight and clean with nice even points too. It must have been done by their best brazier in the factory or something......

Chombi
I think their best brazier was braze a la main . . .

In any case, while I agree that the finish level on Peugeots were not as good as they could be, they were technically well made bikes with very few warranty returns (at least in my experience working with a top 100 BD that sold mainly Peugeots).