rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
John,
I'm sure you are correct and if the I.D. physician would have discussed this with me or called me to tell me what he had decided it would be different. The infusion center called his office and he told the nurse he didn't care what I thought and it was 2 weeks to start so just live with it. The infusion center had 3 nurses there in case I lost it since their team leader told me what he said. No need in ever fussing at a nurse, they do what the orders say and try to make the patient comfortable and safe and I know every one of there professionals from previous care, they are the best. I know MRSA is a forever thing. Known that since 2006 when I contracted it.

I do appreciate your info and input, he has me on 30 minute infusions from the pump every 6 hours around the clock, no charge for the nausea and vomiting. He didn't use the 4 hour infusion I had those with another antibiotic a few years ago in hospital. Last spring it was vancomyicin with 2 infusions of 1-1/2 hour 12 hours apart. I just really hate the pumps and wearing them after having to wear one on 2010 for 6 months 24 hours a day for TPN. Thanks anyway, and I'll remember your info.

Actually, I just want to ride with the beautiful weather we are having. It is driving me crazy.

Bill
Sounds as if your ID doc is not big into communication. That's not a good thing.

Nice of you to say good things about the infusion nurses, this being National Nurses Week 2012!