Old 05-13-12, 02:21 PM
Jseis 
Other Worldly Member

Bikes: 1973 Motobecane Grand Jubilee, 1981 Centurion Super LeMans, 2010 Gary Fisher Wahoo, 2003 Colnago Dream Lux, 2014 Giant Defy 1, 2015 Framed Bikes Minnesota 3.0, several older family Treks

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 53 Posts
57, from SW Wa state. Life long biker, zen roadie-like on an MTB and '72 Motobecane.

Hi gang. I've read many comments on the forum, figured it was time to join. I'm currently training for the STP on a GF Wahoo w/slicks pumped to 100 psi. My training partner's rolling at 100 pounds (all up) less than me on a Caad 10-5 which means I'm the one sucking air. Pulling weight on hills makes me respect youth and carbon.*With the MTB I'm all up at 241 and my end of summer goal is 20 less on me and all carbon for the road.

The Moto Grand Jubilee was a light (for the era) >24lb touring bike (Reynolds 531). I put sealed bearing Wheelsmith Super Champion wheels on it years ago and Mafac Cantilevers for NW winter rain stopping power (late 70's, when discs were novel on cars). It may be old but with 100-115 psi in the tires it rolls just fine. Besides, I'm the one that is heavier...and older. The Moto has a special place because it hauled my ass 4000 miles XC Seattle to NY (via Canada & Ice Fields parkway) in '76.*

I ride for health to keep arrhythmia at bay (works for me), keep cardio high and weight sorta under control. I also have serious GERD which can be a challenge diet wise, but let us just say biking is good for what ails you.*

I love the zen of the road and the scenery, variety of the dirt but I'm careful in the dirt to avoid real nasty tumbles.*