View Single Post
Old 05-14-12, 11:31 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 523 Posts
Originally Posted by waynesulak
One nice thing about this forum is the different types of riders that post. I just finished reading a thread about shaving weight off the bike and now one about carrying extra electronics and batteries used to talk. It's all good.
Indeed. Thanks to this thread I've just placed an order for a GSI unit. What I've realized from my shopping is that there are actually two GSI units. The stereo one is 33.00 and is designed to mount inside a full face helmet (motorcycle). I cannot imagine getting that to work with a bicycle helmet and my stoker (blind) would probably not be happy with both her ears covered. So I've gone for the mono unit. The mike and earpiece are mounted on a solid shaft that I probably have some hope of velcroing to the bottom of our helmets. Price from Amazon certified retailer is 16.99 but I went for another seller that had new units for 12.95 + 6.95 shipping. We've been riding for 5 years rain or shine, W/S/SF, 'J' can hear the proverbial "gnat p*ss*ng on cotton (in a laundry hamper)" and my hearing is pretty above average and since she is behind me speaking almost directly in my ears an intercom isn't exactly something we need right now. I do plan to make us a euro-style, back-to-back recumbent and I suspect we will need it then. So thanks in advance... ...

H