View Single Post
Old 05-14-12, 04:32 PM
Bill G
Bill G

Bikes: Co-Motion Nor'Wester Tour, Co-Motion Primera Tandem, WizWeelz Terra Trike 3.6 Tour model

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zonatandem
We never run out of battery power, never forget to unplug . . .
Seriously,we do not use any communication device; we just talk and if traffic gets heavy/noisy, we just talk louder!
With respect I know you guys have ridden for years but in my experiance quick communication to the stoker may be the diffrence in haveing something go wrong or promply dealing with a situation.. Before we got headsets my wife would hesitate sometimes causing issues and by the time I repeated what I had said such as bump in the road for example we were right on top of it. She is a little hard of hearing anyway so the communication system was worth it for us. I just feel it is a lot easier to communicate with them, less issues. We did OK the way you guys do it and there is nothing at all wrong with that at all. I can say now after a ride my voice box is no where a sore now He He... I don't have to repeat things now she get's it the first time, for us it's the way to go..

The system I have is wireless and will drop right in your jersy pocket or it will fit in a camelback pocket or were ever. They fits in the palm of your hand and the battery life on the set we have is longer than I want to be on a tandem in a day. I think they have a 12 to 16 hr talk time when comepletly charged depending on how much you talk I have never even come close to running out of power in a day with them.. The headsets are light, comfortable and very easy to use. They will communicate up to a 1/4 to 1/2 mile apart from each other, nice on a century ride when the wife wonders off at a break stop to a bathroom and all of a sudden I look around and she is gone He He...

Ride Safe,
Bill G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_1218[1]..jpg (100.6 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Bill G; 05-14-12 at 05:04 PM.