Old 05-15-12, 09:43 AM
ColonelJLloyd 

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanks, everyone! It's nice to hear.

Originally Posted by TimmyT
What's your plan for racks/fenders? The VO rack looks lonesome.
No fenders. I already have two fendered bikes with racks. Also, I'd prefer to keep the weight down on this bike and avoid the TCO I have on the other two fendered Schwinns. Truth be told the VO rack is on there because there are braze-ons for it. I have a vintage TA bag (thanks, holiday76!) to mount on the front rack. Ideally I'd like to have a black Acorn rando bag for this bike. Nitto (and maybe others) made a small, rear rack that is about the same size as the front one and would utilize the rear braze-ons. If I find one, I may add it, but I don't plan on needing a lot of storage for the rides I'll do on this bike. It's pretty much a 531 racing bike with front rack.

Both the damned front and rear brakes squeal. I installed new, black compound Kool Stop pads in the Superbe holders and they have toe-in (though, not as good as new adjustable holders would offer). Hopefully the shoes just need some breaking-in as I hate noisy brakes. I suspect the hard anodized rims don't help with the noise. I was kidding about the shifters. I've never looked in a dumpster.

Originally Posted by silvercreek
I would love to have a Volare. There must not been many of them sold.
I don't know how many, but they were only available for three model years.

Last edited by ColonelJLloyd; 05-15-12 at 09:46 AM.