silvercreek
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd
Thanks, everyone! It's nice to hear.

No fenders. I already have two fendered bikes with racks. Also, I'd prefer to keep the weight down on this bike and avoid the TCO I have on the other two fendered Schwinns. Truth be told the VO rack is on there because there are braze-ons for it. I have a vintage TA bag (thanks, holiday76!) to mount on the front rack. Ideally I'd like to have a black Acorn rando bag for this bike. Nitto (and maybe others) made a small, rear rack that is about the same size as the front one and would utilize the rear braze-ons. If I find one, I may add it, but I don't plan on needing a lot of storage for the rides I'll do on this bike. It's pretty much a 531 racing bike with front rack.

Both the damned front and rear brakes squeal. I installed new, black compound Kool Stop pads in the Superbe holders and they have toe-in (though, not as good as new adjustable holders would offer). Hopefully the shoes just need some breaking-in as I hate noisy brakes. I suspect the hard anodized rims don't help with the noise. I was kidding about the shifters. I've never looked in a dumpster.

I don't know how many, but they were only available for three model years.
I though it was only 2 years. Maybe not huh?