View Single Post
Old 05-15-12, 12:35 PM
TornadoCAN99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zonker
Hi Mike, I've picked up an '11 and think it's a little small for me, but a guy from Spot told me to try a riser bar, so I ran across your post here. Looks like the new one has a 9 degree bar, is there any advantage to the 15? I don't know much abou riser bars. Did you use the same stem? I think it's flippable, did you leave it as is, or flip it?
Regards,
Eric
Zonker,
Not sure what to tell you...I'm not knowledgeable about handlebar geometry..just grabbed one from a local shop that looks a bit higher than a flat bar. I did not flip the stem.
I have since been to a bike fitting at my local shop...I have always had numbiness issue on my left hand for years now. They made quite a few adjustments to seat/seatposition/angle, bar position/trimmed length to bring hands closer...making shoulders more rolled forward. They also swapped out the stem for 110 riser. This has made a big difference in riding position...but I still get the numbiness so my quest for a solution continues.

Bike is doing very well as of 3 months ridership...doing ~50 miles per week. I still have an occasional random shift issue going on with the alfine 11 spd. Mechanic thinks it might go away after more break-in miles. Cable adjustment is right where it should be.
I'm now looking for a replacement saddle...went for an extended 3 hrs ride on the weekend and I'm still sore days later. Hope to find a nice Salle Royale like I had on my last bike.