View Single Post
Old 07-31-05, 07:50 PM
TxBiker
E. Peterbus Unum

Bikes: 2008 Scattante XRL Cross, 2007 Fuji Team, 2002 Fuji Ace, 80's Novara Randonee, 80's Nishiki Prestige SingleSpeed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is a quick follow up:

The route I will take is 7.7 miles each way. Nothing like getting 15 miles in a day!

On Saturday, I rode the route to and fro on my mtb, took 35 minutes and averaged 13.1 miles.
On Sunday, I rode the route to and fro on my Fuji Ace road bike, took 30 minutes exactly and averaged 16.1 miles.

Doing the math...it is a no brainer...I am taking the Fuji!

So, this weekend I bought the quick release Topeak rail and the Topeak deluxe trunk bag with foldable paniers. I had it tuned up and it is packed and ready to go for tomorrow. While running errands today, I dropped off a week's worth of clothes, my laptop, shoes, wet wipes, and other nick nacks I don't want to lug back and forth.

For monday, I plan to run over to 24 hr fitness, do my spinning class, shower up, and then finish the rest of the commute. It is kinda nice having a gym on the way to work!

Your input, the newbie commuting thread, and this forum has helped me tremendously. Thanks!

Chris

ps - the guys at REI here in Houston (Willowbrook store) are incredible. They did everything they could to make a very happy customer and well-prepared commuter.