View Single Post
Old 05-16-12, 09:13 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Peter_C
Perhaps I simply read your reply wrong. But it seems like every time I say anything, you either use it later to beat me with, or you simply dislike what I say. I have never been, nor suggested "being doped to the point of sleep during a therapy session".

Perhaps it is that you like debate? And that replying as such is some normal debate-type tactic? All I know is that I care, I am concerned for you, and while my history is not the same as yours, I've (sadly) been around this particular block a few times too many. I do hope the best for you Neil, I really do. But I believe I will cheer silently for you in the future.
On APRIL 13, 2012, at 5:21 PM, Peter_C wrote:

"But, if you were dosed to the point of wanting a nap while he's working on you, and he tells you to relax as best you can, and this time you really do - the work will be much more productive."

Peter_C, you can offer advice as much as you like. However, what you are forgetting is just how outside the norm your recovery is. You had multiple unrelated health problems, you were in much worse physical shape than I was, you smoked and had a horrible diet ..... You think you are Everyman even though you are atypical for a knee replacement success story. You spent five months on morphine for a single knee ( see your knee replacement thread.) You had some atypical treatment in rehab from the "muscle stim" machine (see your comments above.) I don't fault you or your doctors for the choices you made, but its folly to pretend they are typical. However, your advice to me, and to zirog in his knee replacement thread, is based on the idea your recovery was a model. It wasn't. No one's is.