Old 05-17-12, 02:00 PM
WC89

Bikes: 2011 Trek 8.4 DS hybrid; 2012 Felt F-75 road bike; 1990 Specialized Stumpjumper MTB; 1992 Guerciotti road bike (inactive)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually, I'm somewhere in between. At this stage of my life (jobs, kid, wife, on and on and on...) I like to keep my rims clean, my frames somewhat clean (I keep my glossy MTB finish cleaner than my matte finish of my hybrid b/c the matte finish doesn't show as nicely). I clean my pulley derailluer wheels, floss the cog set, and wipe off the gunk from the chain about 3-4x/yr, but never to regain the luster of a new chain and cog set. Not that important to me. So, my MTB and hybrid look presentable but not runway-worthy.
I must say that, during my road racing career, for 10 yrs, my 3 Italian racing bikes that I've had over that time were kept imaculate, and the chains/freewheels kept semi-shiney. I cleaned the frame, chrome forks and chrome stays, spokes, rims, after every race or training ride. I remember how I could just sit for an hour or so looking at my lean, mean racing machine leaning against the coffee table in my living room