View Single Post
Old 05-18-12, 10:48 AM
starboard73

Bikes: Surly Troll, Surly Long Haul Trucker, Raleigh 20, Dahon Boardwalk, Novara Shuttle (Dahon Mu), Schwinn Spitfire, K2 Mach 1, K2 Orange Crush

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like my Big Agnes Flycreek UL2, I've used it on a couple of tours now. Packed tent size is important to me as much as weight, and the Flycreek rolls up pretty small, plus the tent poles easily fit inside my Ortlieb classic rollers too. One of my goals was to get weight and volume down on the touring rig- I can tour comfortably with just the rear paniers and a small handlebar bag now, compared to my first tour with front and rear panniers, a huge handlebar bag and on and on. Highway 1 hills at Big Sur are a lot easier.
The one potential issue with the Fly creek is that it isn't 100% supported, the two end corners need to be staked or poled. It's not a big deal, but I had one campground that was difficult to stake down and I woke up to find floppy corners.
The sale price at REI this weekend is great, I'd snap it up if I hadn't gotten one already!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
San_Simeon.jpg (104.4 KB, 39 views)