enormouslock
enormouslock

Bikes: none right now

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Living in a country with supposed royalty still (unfortunately) in charge, I am completely against the idea. Royalty belongs in books and fantasy, not reality. The queen costs too damn much and holds no value to anyone but old people ... well....and old people. Why oh why can't we dump the queen, she costs us boat loads of money and is useless...

In a joking satirical kind of way, I would ve hard pressed to select one king. Since there is no truely versatile rider I can't place that value on one single rider. Roadie, dhiller, xc or otherwise...there is no king
I have asked this question about a cycling king with a special point in mind, not just out of speculation's sake, and it relates of course to your comment about a very real monarch.

It seems I was walking about the Yale Law School one day when I was homeless, and came upon a notice that there was going to be seminar for the public about monarchies in the United States. What blew my mind was that it said there are about 555 monarchies currently in the United States. Of course the fact that New York calls itself the "Empire State" came to mind and a host of ruminations occured to me that maybe I didn't know everything about my homeland I thought I knew.

Are there really factual monarchies in the United States? Well, that's for anyone to judge for himself and my testimony of a little post a long time ago may not carry much weight for some. For others, however, it might bring one to pause.

Your dislike for your own real monarch as a part of Great Britain is of course a popular feeling today. And we must remember how our own country, the US, went to war to get rid of that same monarchy. I too felt a little resistent to the notion of a monarch possibly being a factor in all the negative--and positive--things that happen in this country. I resented the fact that no one ever spoke actual speech about monarchies really existing here. Was there a reason they preferred to keep it a relative secret? Well, obviously the law here is at issue. Is it possible someone here plays to a different tune than the US constitution and all its derivative laws?

Then one day I saw my life take a dramatic turn by the appearance of a very powerful Italian man who said to me, "just put on 20 pounds. You'll be first." This occured here in Chicago. I didn't need anyone to tell me what that meant. I had risen to the top of the heap in Chicago, and there is no higher heap, anywhere. At that point I realized that there was absolutely no need for me to tell anyone. I didn't need to build a support team. I didn't need a popular face. I had all I needed in being first. I could go about my affairs without fear of their rejection by anyone.

This event took place in 1992, so since then things have been popping. Foremost is to be mentioned that the term "kingpin" is like a grenade. You take out the "pin" and it explodes.

My grenade exploded in 2002. That's another story, involving cycling, and needs, I think to be told. The topic is vast, however, and a pause for replies would be wise.