Old 05-22-12, 10:42 AM
NickfromLondon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
London to Istanbul cycle routes and ideas

Hello there,

I'm Nick a 27 year old Personal Trainer from London and I am thinking about cycling to Istanbul in December of this year.

I'm not part of a touring club (are they a thing, yes?) but I've got some experience of long distance cycling over the last few years both in the UK and on the continent and have clocked up well over 800 miles on my longest trip between Barcelona and Milan (It wasn't what you'd call a direct route but one of the best experiences of my life).

So I was thinking about taking a month off from my job as a personal trainer to go and do this trip (I know the weather isn't ideal but December is a very quiet month) and wanted to pick someone's brain about routes and the like. If someone has done it before then I'd love to hear from them.

Furthermore I am looking for potentially interested co-cyclists who happen to live in/near London. I know it isn't likely that anyone has enough time to take a month out from their work/holiday season but I thought I'd ask as I prefer to have someone to talk to/experience the whole thing on the way. No harm in asking as they say.

Anyway, I couldn't think of a better place to ask for advice so thanks’ for taking the time to read

Best regards

Nick