View Single Post
Old 08-01-05, 03:18 PM
juicemouse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lord Chambers
I made a video so we could all be on the same page. I've looked all over and can't find any source of friction, other than the possibility of internal friction, which I wouldn't understand since I never messed with the hub or anything like that. I can't tell if I've just spent too much time tuning it recently and am being paranoid or if this really is something I can fix. Is there something wrong, or are rear wheels just impeded a bit from the cassette and clickity clicks?

Mysterious Slowing Wheel.

Is this wrong too? Again, I don't know if it's just because I'm paying too much attention to every detail or if this really is as wrong as it looks:

The latch isn't over tight. In fact I loosened it up and that had no effect on this apparent axel bend.
You really need to take this wheel out of the frame to get at what's going on here. WRT the apparently bent axle, remove the quick release entirely and see if that's really what's bent.

Your video, in and of itself, doesn't look unusual at all. Rear hubs always have more friction than front hubs because of their freewheel ratcheting mechanisms (or "clickity clicks", as you put it).

In memory of Jim Price (aka. sydney) ...