View Single Post
Old 05-23-12, 09:19 PM
Ghost Ryder
Ghost Ryding 24/7

Bikes: Giant Defy with Dura Ace group, & Ksyrium SL's,Specialized Allez Shimano mixed/mashed,2011 Opus Sentiero,2008 Kona Jake the Snake,Custom built track/fixed,Stumpy Hartail,Kuwahara/ET bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Norcos aren't very popular, only here on the west coast/North Shore.
On the shore, you'll see so many norcos going up & down all the mountains here.
Norco makes solid bikes, I believe they been making road bikes since 2006, & every year they get better.

I'm considering the Norco when I decide to go carbon(CRR SL/ Maybe even the CRR LE),I like standing out from the crowd.
(I have a hook up with Norco so I can get really good deals from the factory. Friends & family discount )
That's why I've been riding my CX with skinny tires on my group ride.

IMO having 105 is enough to consider going for the Norco/
My 2 CX's have both Tiagra & 105, I prefer the 105 a lot more even if it's 3 year behind.
I'm tempted to do the "swap over" since I log most of my KMS/miles on my Tiagra equipped bike.
Whatever you choose make sure you take them for extended ride to get a feel for how they'll feel when you own one of them.
Some shops even let you test saddles, this would be the best chance to do this too, saddles are almost always the 1st thing changed.
You might even be able to save a few $$$ if you ask them to swap it out before you buy the bike you choose.
Make sure you take you time, do your research/test rides, etc. Don't rush into anything, or let anyone talk you into anything that doesn't feel right.

From 1 Canadian to another...
Good luck on finding the bike you want.