View Single Post
Old 05-23-12, 10:08 PM
kalliergo 

Bikes: Trek Valencia+, Dutch cargo bike, Karate Monkey, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Surfer34
Did you even watch the video ? If you pause at :08 - :09 you will see that isnt an intersection, there is no road to my right, its some kind of turn out. The white truck went across my lane into that turn out.
I couldn't tell from the video. If we could identify the location and be able to see it on Google Maps/Earth, etc., it would help.

When I first saw it, it looked like you were making a shallow left from an intersecting road and that the truck was proceeding on the road you were turning onto. So it looked like he had the ROW. Your description is very different from what I thought I saw, so it would be nice to be able to look at the intersection.
"What if we fail to stop the erosion of cities by automobiles?. . . In that case, we Americans will hardly need to ponder a mystery that has troubled men for millennia: What is the purpose of life? For us, the answer will be clear, established and for all practical purposes indisputable: The purpose of life is to produce and consume automobiles."

~Jane Jacobs, The Death and Life of Great American Cities