View Single Post
Old 05-23-12, 10:16 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dynodonn
Poor line of sight intersection, poor markings that are basically camouflaged by wet pavement and leaves, my SA level would have been on high to begin with. Personally, my videos are for gathering info to report to local law enforcement of dangerous, aggressive drivers, or just recording/logging motorist actions in case of another future incident, not in playing it on BF in a form of "Can you top this".
DD,

I agree with you. Recording one's ride can be great for gathering evidence needed to convince the police/judges/lawmakers of a problem on the road with motorists. I don't agree that one should "sit" on said video waiting for another encounter with said car/driver. It should be turned over to the police as it could be the last bit of evidence that they need to get a particular driver off of the road for good.

Also I agree with you that recording one's ride can be a great way to learn IF there is anything that they could do differently to avoid such situations in the future.

Such as when one is approaching a blind curve/corner or an intersection with limited sight lines slow the "f" down so that you have time to take evasive action WITHOUT having to "brake hard." I'll often give a short toot on my horn when approaching a blind curve so that any cars coming from the opposite direction will know that there is someone on the other side of the curve that they can't see.

Again, I agree with you, posting them BF, or YouTube, or Facebook, etc. as a "can you top THIS?" Isn't why one should be recording their rides.

Last edited by Digital_Cowboy; 05-23-12 at 10:26 PM.