View Single Post
Old 05-23-12, 11:17 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dynodonn
DC,

My concern is that local law enforcement would become apathetic towards my calling them to report all my incidents. I've learned to pick my battles, go after the really dangerous motorists, and I generally get better results if I keep my reporting to a lesser degree.
DD,

I fully understand that it can be a fine line to know when to call or go into the police station to report something and when not to. As do it too often and one runs the risk of being added to their local police "kook file." And once one ends up there the chances of them getting taken seriously are sadly pretty much slim to none. But as I said the video that you're "sitting" on could be just the evidence that they need to get a conviction.

How would you feel if you had video of a motorist that either cut you off or passed too close. And you didn't report it even though you had video that showed their action. And then later you learned that the same vehicle ran a cyclist off of the road and they were either seriously injured or worse killed. And that by turning your video over to the police sooner that you could have prevented it?