View Single Post
Old 05-25-12, 01:08 PM
mbmuller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scoatw
Romisen RC-C8 II R2. OK I have to ask. what kind of runtime are you getting on this and on what kind of batteries. 3 AAA's doesn't sound very promising to me. I wouldn't waste my money on the CR123 or the 18650. you can't recharge them, can you ? if you can't recharge a battery it's not worth having IMO. LED'S suck the juice out of a battery and its difficult to find a decent LED flashlight that gets a good runtime of three hours or more. I had an old Romisen RC-N3 that I bought in 07, but i wore it out. I was getting close to five hours on that before it would dim out on me.
I use rechargeable 18650 cells in mine - unprotected trustfire cells from dealextreme. On medium the with a freshly charged battery the light output started to dim after ~4.5 hours when I tested it at my office desk. I don't know the runtime with 3 AAAs, but if the ratings of typically NiMH AAAs are equal in accuracy to those of 18650s, the three AAAs runtime should the ~2.5 times less, which would be a bit under 2 hours.