Old 05-25-12, 11:02 PM
MrEss
likes to ride an old bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The BoC came today! I took the obligatory "just opened" picture. Some interesting bits in here, and some real garbage. I'll find good uses for some of this stuff, throw some away, and make room for some more nice junk.

Here's the box as I opened it... a near-total mystery. There's a cool map showing the BOC's absurd trip east and then west again along a straight line...

I got some nice stuff out of the box. Cheap bar tape (black goes with any color) convinced me to get off my duff and actually re-wrap the bars on my Atala. The ugly yellow bottle cage will clash with the purple MB-2. The Victory shifters inch me closer to having a whole Victory gruppo, and the 36H freehub (w/parts missing) is going to be the start of a rear wheel to match a front I already have.

I had a lot of high quality crap to add to the box, so some of the lesser stuff needed to be purged for room. Here's the stuff that got purged. Most of it's missing hardware or has some other annoying flaw; I'll donate it to the local coop where folks with more time than I can make it work if they want to.

Soon, the BoC will be on its way to AlphaRed!

Last edited by MrEss; 05-28-12 at 03:17 PM.