View Single Post
Old 08-02-05, 05:28 AM
InvisibleSurfer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello all,

I am relatively new to mountain biking; I have owned a couple of bikes in the past but never really put them under any serious stress.

I purchased a MB off ebay the other day, it arrived yesterday and I tried to put it together. Everything went fine up until I got to the point of installing the rear wheel (with a 7-speed cassette on).

The problem is that the rear derailleur (which is actually mount on the bike's frame) appears to be angled towards the weel so that it comes in contact with and falls inbetween the spokes of the weel.

At first, I thought that the derailleur was bent but after closer inspection it looks very rigid and in no way bent. What is definitely bent, is the point of the frame where the rear derailleur is mount on.

Question: If you can recall from your own bikes, is the Guide Pulley directly above the Tension Pulley?? Also, are the two Pulleys of the derailleur 100% parallel to the rear wheel?

Question2: I was wondering how can I possibly fix this... I tried playing around with the B- H- and L- screws but nothing noticable happened.

I'm sorry if the description of the problem was not good enough (my english is not very good) so if you need any clarification please ask!

Thanks in advance, and take care.

Last edited by InvisibleSurfer; 08-02-05 at 05:35 AM.