Old 05-29-12, 02:17 PM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
If flats were the only problem that could ruin your ride, this would be a good point. Are you prepared for a busted spoke, 20 miles from the car and 150 miles from home?

Where I live, the best places to ride don't have cell phone coverage, so it's a moot point. But it's still a good idea.
FiberFix spoke, spoke wrench in my fix kit. Unless it broke, jammed up, and threw me, I'm probably set. But I'm one of the rare ones in a case like that, I'm guessing. Having ridden with the Seattle Randos for a few years, I'm a belt-and-suspenders kinda guy when it comes to repairs and equipment. Comes in oddly handy carrying around all this weird shiz-naz...
At the Tour de Cure this year, a woman wiped out on a patch of gravel in a downhill turn. I stopped to see what was going on, her teammate had already called for the SAG Wagon, but her shorts were shredded down one side in the back where she slid on the asphalt. RandoMan to the rescue! I lent her the space blanket I keep in a pocket of my Carradice Pendle, and she was most appreciative to not be flashing everyone any longer.