View Single Post
Old 05-29-12, 04:16 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2938 Post(s)
Liked 2,934 Times in 1,497 Posts
I headed out yesterday on my now semi regular 40mi loop but was hoping to stretch it to 50mi. Just about 14 miles into it I flatted. so I put my spare in and looked for the next turn to head me home. My YJ spare developed a thump and when I stopped to look it must have slipped as the stem was real crooked. I took it off and reseated and reinflated it but the thump returned so I just rolled home slowly for a 25miler.

I was going to upload some pics but the files are too big and I have no idea how to make them smaller.

I headed out this morning trying to do the 50mi ride again. I took the same bike my '90 Bianchi Proto and wouldn't you know it I flatted again! This time only 2.5 miles from home. I put the spare on and headed back to the house for a quick bike change and headed out again. I got to try what I thought would add enough to make a 50 mile loop but it didn't really add any miles. One road had no real shoulder and the other while it had a nice pebble strew shoulder the traffic was was too fast. I stopped 3 times for ice and finally made the house with 39.5 in a just under 3 hours. Not fast but I had a great time despite feeling I was dying asfter mile 8.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk