Thread: Bike Insurance
View Single Post
Old 05-30-12, 05:06 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by zonatandem
In case of accident that is not your fault, the party that caused the damage must pay.
In case of theft, some homeowner policies cover it, possibly with a deductable over original cost.
As has been said in the thread: My homeowners covers theft. I'm covered in the event of theft.

Sure if someone else causes the accident they should be responsible and should be made to pay for repair/replacment costs HOWEVER what if they are uninsured? That is a gray area from what I have read.

I am seeking to be covered in the event my bike is damaged and not by someone else...as I recently fell/crashed w/o anyone else's involvement and thus I am the sole responsible party. Homeowners does not cover damage to the bike. The cost to replace/repair falls to me completely. So having bought my bike less than 60 days ago...and paying about $1800 for it...I am having to pay another $1200 for a replacement frame out of pocket.

Since there is risk in riding and something could cause me to go down and damage my frame despite my best efforts for that not to happen....I want coverage so I am not forking out another $1200 out my pocket.

So I did some searching and found Spoke Bicycle Insurance and I can cover my bike for DAMAGE only if I choose. They also offer liability and roadside assistance. I don't need those tho I might consider the liability one to protect my home/property just in case.