Old 05-31-12, 02:59 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ilovecycling
Cool. I always feel better when I fully understand why I'm doing something rather than just doing it because the directions say to. I wasn't about to give up on this thread without some sort of consensus on what can and can't be done with these 11-speed chains. Glad I got the answers I was looking for though.

Afterthought: I could always remove the damaged master link and put it on eBay. The chain is still perfectly good to use with a KMC Missing Link. I just don't want to go that route myself.
If I have learned anything living the world of product development and R&D is...the road to the truth is rocky. Many don't have the stomach for it. There won't be perfect agreement. Too many options. We can try to understand the different options however as you have done by posting this thread and I say thanks for that and to the guys that helped with your answer.
PS: Many know that Rob knows his stuff and I look upon Dave as kind of the forum's Campy expert. I went to him when I struggled with my early 10s Campy shifting issues. When Campy screwed the pooch with their shifters in '09 there was a lot of outcry and he wrote extensively about cause and effect. Campy made engineering changes and their shifters are now better than ever but they made a lot of changes from the original design. The problem with even good companies putting product out there before it is ready to beat the competition is they end up doing beta testing on their customers. Some customers forgive this and others don't forget.

Last edited by Campag4life; 05-31-12 at 03:04 PM.