View Single Post
Old 05-31-12, 04:59 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked 1,217 Times in 773 Posts
I apologize for not carefully reading the whole thread. I just want to make two comments and hope they're helpful.

Like others have said, there are small/mini/frame type pumps that have hoses. I have one that is larger than a mini pump, but smaller than a frame pump called the Morph Road G Master Blaster. I can mount it alongside the seat tube bottle cage. It is like a mini floor pump in that it has little fold out legs to put your foot on, a fold out T handle and a short length of hose. I have it on my cross/commuter bike, but also use it when I travel with my road bike because it's smaller than a floor pump, but will work fine when I reassemble my bike after shipping.

The other point I would make is if you have two or three regular locations where you need to air up your tires before riding, buy a couple more floor pumps. Really, the cheap ones (<$25, more like <$20 ) work just fine. I have, I think, 4 floor pumps in that range that I keep in my garage, my car, my office and my wife has one in her car. I start rides from all three of my "locations" regularly and don't want to have any excuse not to top off the tires every ride (that's the only time I get flats pretty much is if I get pinch flats). It really is worth it for the convenience. It's not like you'll wear them out! Some of my cheap Performance or Nashbar house brand pumps are pushing 15+ years and work perfectly in all respects.