Old 06-03-12, 03:53 AM
Burton
Certified Bike Brat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hammond9705
I checked out Peter's site before starting my own little project. Not only are none of the lights he carries a projector style - what he does carry is not overly bright. Adequate for bike paths but I wouldn't want to mix with traffic using it for visibility.

"Attention!

If you only look at the photos, you will come away with a false impression of the relative merits of the headlights used......

The camera's ISO speed, shutter speed and f stop are identical for all of the images; ISO 3200, Shutter 1 second, f/5......

The brightest point of each headlight's beam is aimed at the horizon, or more specifically, at the end of my driveway, about 140 feet away from the camera.....

If you think that, based on these images, buying one of the expensive headlights towards the bottom of this page will give you a headlight that's as bright as an automobile's headlights, you're going to be very unhappy. None of these headlights are as bright as a car's headlights."

Nawwww .... driving in traffic I want something BRIGHTER than an automobile headlight! It needs to stand some chance of being noticed by a bunch of bored, frustrated motorists primarily concerned only with their OWN safety.

Last edited by Burton; 06-03-12 at 03:59 AM.