Thread: MYOG----Tent
View Single Post
Old 06-04-12, 10:11 AM
Booger1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
OK,were at it again.......I know I know.....about time.

When we last left off,I was making rear storm panels.The rear storm panel is completed on 3 sides,a zipper installed and a zipper cover.

Here is the zip cover.Notice that the gaping hole at the top of the panels is now gone,covered by the zip cover.

I pin the panel to the tent across the top of the door and a single pin at the bottom at each side.I'm fitting it to the tent so that I can mark where the final seam will be.It's not a straight line,the main panel is cut on a slight catenary line to help keep it tight.

I just stretch it out,mark it with a felt pen,then take the whole mess down,remove the panel,finish the last edge,sew the panel on to the tent.

I'm finishing the seam that runs top to bottom,on the outside of the panel,the "hinge" part of the panel.

Here it is sewn,rear storm panel almost done.

And here it is open.I still need to add a couple of tie backs for the door panels,just clothspins for now.There are some I added when I sewed the panel on but they are to low,I will need to cut them off and move them higher up.

There will be an adjustable lead from the bottom of the door to the stake to tension the storm flaps.

So far so good,now I need to make another storm panel for the front.

Thanks to everyone for hanging in there!

Last edited by Booger1; 06-04-12 at 10:20 AM.