View Single Post
Old 06-05-12, 07:19 AM
AlmostGreenGuy
Intrepid Bicycle Commuter

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Grand Jubile, Austro Daimler 'Ultima', 2012 Salsa Vaya, 2009 Trek 4300, Fyxation Eastside, State Matte Black 6, '97 Trek 930 SHX, '93 Specialized Rockhopper, 1990 Trek 950

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by SpitFireVRR
I love the write up on this, do you have any first hand experience with them? I was also looking at Deuter, however non of their commuting packs with the rain covers seem to have a laptop compartment. I have been looking at the Chrome/Timbuk2 packs, but I don't think I'm hipster enough to pull of these packs, and I dislike the lack of organizing areas. I talked to a good friend and it appears I'll be carrying my 15" Macbook, a pen, pencil, notepad, and a calculator, plus a possible change of clothes.

As far as sizing is concerned; I'm 6'0, ~180, athletic build. Would you still recommend the smaller size? At the current moment, I am not sure if I can do the Osprey, since there is no indication of how large the laptop can be. If It can fit a 15", I'll more than likely go with this.
This pack is more than large enough for a 15" Macbook. You'll have room to spare. :-)

I do have first hand experience with this pack. It's big enough that I use it in the cooler months, when I tend to carry more stuff. I can fit my laptop, various electronics, a change of clothes, and a small lunch and breakfast inside.