Old 06-07-12, 06:09 AM
freighttraininguphill

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ride with a super Clydesdale friend (video)

I haven't been spending much time on any forums lately, but I need to make an exception for a good friend of mine.

My Clydesdale friend who I've mentioned in previous posts has been in the process of losing weight since last year. He started at 470 lbs. By modifying his diet and exercising in the gym and on his bike, he has now lost 70 of those pounds and is down to 400 lbs.

He has a steel-framed Marin Kentfield hybrid and an electric-assist Sidewinder recumbent tadpole trike. He recently purchased a Garmin Edge 500 and a GoPro HD Hero2 camera for documenting his rides. We have been doing most of our rides on our hybrids, since they are much faster and more maneuverable than his recumbent or the adult trikes I usually ride around town.

He has gained enough strength to make it up short hills without stopping, so we have been incorporating more of those into our rides. Last night we rode around Roseville, which has plenty of very short hills. He wore his new GoPro on his head. The Hero2 has better low-light performance than the previous model or the HD Hero 960 that I own. This is important, as most of our rides are during darkness due to schedules.

He wanted me to post the video of last night's ride on this subforum, so I edited out all the words that can't be said on radio or TV. You can still hear him breathing on hills, but the video should still be work safe, especially compared to my videos, which have much louder "freight training uphill".

We also rode in Roseville on Tuesday night. On that ride we did 10.58 miles and 433 of climbing. He forgot his GoPro, so there's no video of that ride. However, we did climb some of the same hills on last night's ride.

Here's the video.

Last edited by freighttraininguphill; 11-14-18 at 02:34 PM.