I let the dogs out

Bikes: 2011 Fuji Roubaix 1.0, 2003 Ti Merlin Solis, & 1994 Raleigh MT200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by JustinHorne
With all due respect:
You have ~ 1400 posts, and your signature thing says you're at about 1200 miles for the year. Do you really need help knowing how to pack for a 30 mile ride?
Also: If you're planning on buying a new helmet during the ride... What are you going to do with the other one?
If you read the post, you would have seen that I am doing 50 miles. That's almost double 30 miles. Also, the mile tracker in my signature hasn't been updated since mid-last year and is supposed to reset every year.. I actually have about 900 miles so far this year.

I called the local PBS (Performance Bike Shop) and they said that I could buy a new helmet, leave my old one there, and come to pick it up on the way back. The local PBS is about 8 miles from my house, so it shouldn't be too difficult having it strapped to my backpack (if I bring one) for that long. If I don't bring a backpack, I'll figure something out (attaching it to my bars, to my arm, top tube of my frame, etc...)

I was really intending for this to be more of a "What should I eat the night before" thread. I've had days when I'm really slow, and days when I'm really fast, and since I don't track what I eat, I don't know if nutrition is a cause or not.

I just remember the last time I did this ride, I didn't drink enough, so I got pretty dehydrated. Just want to avoid things like that happening.

Oh yeah.. I forgot to mention, I'll be bringing two 25oz insulated Camelbak bottles. I don't like putting Nuun and such in them because it leaves a residual taste. I'll put Nuun in one (because I learned their taste absorbing properties the hard way and have one that tastes of Nuun).

Last edited by AlphaDogg; 06-07-12 at 06:19 PM.