Old 06-08-12, 06:25 AM
phoebeisis
New Orleans

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
So fast guy just blew by everyone in the dark.
You moved to the middle-biased your line so fast guy could pass you on whatever side Aussies pass-and he shaved everyone.
Yeah- if someone is doing 20mph on a multiuse -walker- lane at night- he probably isn't suddenly going to get smart and slow waaaay down.

On the signals-I can't remember seeing anyone use them-
Not on the multiuse lane on the Mississippi river levee that I ride everyday- or the streets I ride to get to the levee.
I signal for my left turn on the streets- but that is it.
The fast guys on the levee will YELL LEFT- usually 1 second before they pass-walkers or riders- but I've never seen then signal.
Of course they are frequently in a line-going 20+mph-so not likely someone is going to pass them.
I must admit-when I pass walkers-I yell"passing slowly on your left" maybe 3 seconds before pass- but I don't signal left turn-just look back-to bike riderts who might be overtaking me. I do get into the left lane early-waaaay early.

The slow-car driving signal- I remmeber as you describe-left arm straight kinda pointing down- but at a angle down-couldn't be otherwise in a car since the door has some thickness.
And yes right turn was left arm bent 90 degrees pointing up-maybe 5% of driveres would remember that-wonder if it is still on driver's test?
Left turn-obvious.

What is the "official" bike right turn signal-right arm out?? or old car based one-pointing up

Thanks
Charlie