Old 06-08-12, 06:50 AM
Igo

Bikes: Giant Defy 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SHOFINE
About 12 yrs ago my dad and a couple of friends and I put our 23' boat in at Wingate's Lodge to make the trip down to Apalachicola where we have a small mobile home near Breakaway Marina. We had engine trouble not long after and never made the trip. I grew up in little Cairo and we always went to Lake Talquin between Tallahassee and Quincy. The other day was the 1st time I ever been to Woodruff Dam after passing through the town of Chattahoochee many times. I plan on taking the family on that trip....may do it in the Fall when it's cooler.
When you say little Cairo are you talking Cairo Georgia? My brother lived there now. Anybody else who might read this will have to understand that most of these places only got dial-up internet 5 or 7 years ago and there are many people here who have never been outside a 100 mile radius. These places are as country as country gets in this part of the world. After your posts I was looking fr pictures of my dads house I took about 5 years ago. His home is gorgeous with the big dock and huge porches. Sometimes I really miss it.
Wingates Lodge. Probably been more record sized Big Mouth Bass and Striper come through there than anyplace else in the world.
Breakaway Marina is where I stayed after my epic journey in the tiny boat.
It's one thing to hap on a biker from, say, Atlanta, and it is another to hap on somebody from the core of swamp country. Nice to have run across you sir. Where is home now?

Osprey with catch on Lake Seminole

Last edited by Igo; 06-08-12 at 06:56 AM.