Old 08-03-05, 11:47 AM
clfjmpr44

Bikes: 2000-Canary Yellow Trek 1000, 1999 Specialized Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rjkresse
Mine too. What annoys her the most is that I can hear a spinning freewheel from about five blocks away, and I always look up.

She bikes now too, though, and as we pass cyclists on our way to do errands she's pointing out all the bikes. "Honey, look! That girl's on a Cervelo. That guys on a Felt. A Waterford, those are custom, right? Hey, that guy's got an S-Works. After paying all that money for an S-Works you'd think he'd be moving a little faster."

It's great.
My wife rides as well, but her true love is running...marathons and such. So when it comes down to a choice of time on the bike or time in her running shoes, the biking normally loses out for her. I keep trying to convince her that her knees are sure to explode when she gets older, but the threat falls on deaf ears.

As for cyclist spotting, the best was last weekend as we pulled up to a stoplight and I was staring at a pretty attractive woman on a pretty sweet Orbea stopped at the same light. My wife caught me looking, but she knew all along that I was admiring the bike and its hourglass tubes, not the rider and her hourglass figure...and the thing is, she was right!
A