Old 06-10-12, 02:02 AM
look171

Bikes: Casati, Look, Torelli, Ridley, and a bunch of steel bikes from the 80s and the 90s..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
educate me on custom frames please if you can

I have had a bunch of (mostly mid 80s to 90s Italian jobs crashed during training rides) frames over the years. Still, my favorite is the newer carbon frames. I think I am ready for a custom steel frame. Tell me the difference between a 853 LeMond frame (my last steel frame) compare to a newer custom steel frames. What triggered this crazy idea was the Torelli web site. They have some of the most beautiful steel frames. There are just so many tubings out there (I have not ridden in the past 10 years) that's causing lots of confusion for me like OS, Brain, Life and so on. Beside the better fit, how does it perform compare to my old LeMond? Lighter, faster, stiffer? If so, by how much and is it something I can feel? For example, the immediate feel when I ride my carbon bike compare to my old beat up Cannondale. Any of you custom builders care to share? I like to have no lugs (tig welded? like those Independent Fab. frames they once made with really smooth joint transitions) with a non sloping top tube. This time, I will get what I want unless suggested by the builder. Light is better but not all that important and do not want a boat anchor.

I am not sure if this is the place to ask this question?