Thread: Locking Skewers
View Single Post
Old 06-11-12, 09:59 AM
larcal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
At the bottom of the list I would put any lock which is intuitively obvious as to how to defeat it, requires no skill/practice, and very simple tools. So the Zefal QR is a step above that but I would put it below the Pins and Picks as magnets are so ubiquitous. The lfgss.com thread Ratdog mentioned is excellent. The state of the quandry at the moment is that both pinhead and pitlock have come out with changes in the last few months but have their lips sealed tight as to how well they protect against previous well known security issues nor will they even admit to or address such issues so someone has to test them and post the results. Sure wish someone would. I can't afford to buy and try. Sure, it's an imperfect world, but one would like to be able to at least lessen the odds of tshtf somewhat intelligently. Presently it appears Pinhead has a slightly better attitude, approach, and openness with their new security washer. Whether that translates into a more secure product I don't know. I guess the thieves have the upper hand here, as if you are a thief that requires this knowledge you simply have to read a little, then go out and find newer systems to play with. Without a conscience, it's probably loads of fun, and costs nothing.